October is not over yet so why not help support a great foundation?? October is breast cancer awareness month and we sell Vim & Vigr Compression socks that donates $5 of the purchase to the National Breast Cancer Foundation. There is still time to get your pair and help out.
Did you know??
Facts About Breast Cancer In The United States
- One in eight women in the United States will be diagnosed with breast cancer in her lifetime.
- Breast cancer is the most commonly diagnosed cancer in women.
- Breast cancer is the second leading cause of cancer death among women.
- Each year it is estimated that over 252,710 women in the United States will be diagnosed with breast cancer and more than 40,500 will die.
- Although breast cancer in men is rare, an estimated 2,470 men will be diagnosed with breast cancer and approximately 460 will die each year.
- On average, every 2 minutes a woman is diagnosed with breast cancer and 1 woman will die of breast cancer every 13 minutes.
- Over 3.3 million breast cancer survivors are alive in the United States today.
- Breast cancer in men is usually detected as a hard lump underneath the nipple and areola.
- Signs to look out for in woman are changes in how the breast or nipple feels and looks, and any discharge particularly clear or bloody.
If you notice anything concerning you should consult your doctor immediately.
As published by The National Breast Cancer Foundation, Inc. http://www.nationalbreastcancer.org/